Saturday, February 14, 2009

Twilight Madness

SO, granted I have not READ any of the Twilight books, nor have I seen the movie. SO I don't have the most educated opinion on the subject. I must also point out that people can write whatever kind of books they want but some of the "vampire mythology" that S. Meyer has come up with makes me want to vomit, like not having fangs and SPARKLING in sunlight(DEAR GODS!). Keep in mind I am a wee bit a purist when it comes to my vampire myths. I do think that they can come out in sunlight, think Bram Stoker's Dracula, but SPARKLE??? PLEASE!! Anyways, like I said before, no offence to S. Meyer, I congratulate her on having such wild success and wish her all the best.
Anyways, back on topic. I was randomly surfing the Internet this morning(I can't sleep, had surgery yesterday and am in quite a bit of pain and no more hard core painkillers!) and came across some very disturbing news. Apparently the die hard Twilight fans, known affectionately as "Twi-hards" have started ATTACKING people who speak out against the book. Wonder if i should watch my back now huh? I'm nto speaking out against the books or the author, just on the freakin pshycos that are attacking people. Here's a few examples:

I some of these on this list HERE

WISHING A MISCARRIAGE ON SOMEONE(Now THAT'S screwed up!)


FULL ON SLAP IN PUBLIC

A GUY IS ESSENTIALLY MOBBED WHEN HE SAID HE DOESN'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT BOOKS

POTENTIAL REPLACEMENT ACTOR FOR "EDWARD" VERBALLY ATTACKED ONLINE


SEXUAL HARRASMENT

GETTING KICKED/PUNCHED IN THE JUNK(There's a few of these)"

ONE

TWO

BROKEN LIMBS(again I say, WTF?? And there's a few of these too.)

BROKEN ARM

BROKEN TOES



I could go ON AND ON!! There are PAGES of these attacks! WTF MAN?? IT'S A MOVIE FOR PETE'S SAKE!! People please!! There is enough hate, fear, crime, murder, etc. in the world, we DO NOT need to attack our fellow human beings JUST because of a stupid book! And for any of you "Twi-hards" out there reading this, do you REALLY think you are making the author HAPPY by doing this to people?? From what I have read about her(Please go HERE for that) she seems like a very nice and wholesome woman who loves her family and doesn't want to hurt anybody(and in my humble opinion seems to be one of the "nice" Christians who actually follows that whole "love thy neighbour" thing). I bet you money that she is HORRIFIED by what the CRAZIES are doing to people out there! So PLEASE! BACK OFF!! The majority of us live in countries where we have freedom of speech and the like so PLEASE let others have their opinions and you can have yours! STOP THE MADNESS!! IT'S JUST A BOOK!!! This goes for all the "Anti-Twilight" people too! Let the "Twi-hards" have their opinions and you can have yours!

1 comment:

xxxevilgrinxxx said...

just one more reason to not like S. Meyer.
A little more here